Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't sign in to icloud from iPhone 4

Hi there, i'm a new user of iPhone... my brother gave me this iPhone 4.... when i got it i strightly erase all content and data and reset it to factory setting.. i put my new apple ID but when it came ti iCloud i can't sign in with my id and it said "Coannot Sign In... The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone" 😟 is there any one can help me with this problem so i can use iCloud on my iPhone and using Find my iPhone app. thank you so much for your help guys,,,,, warm hug from Indonesi 😍

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 3:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 3:50 AM

Once you reach the maximium of three free iCloud accounts, per iOS device, the only fix is to create the iCloud account on a computer or another iOS device, that has not reached the limit, then setup that account on your phone.

6 replies

Oct 18, 2014 4:37 AM in response to Rottenanarchist

Just resolved the same issue on my iphone 4 with a call to apple support. In my case the phone had been restored to factory default and the same symptoms occurred in that I was unable to sign in using my apple i.d. It turns out that my apple i.d. was not in fact an icloud i.d. which was confirmed when accessing the app store on the phone in question as it was signed in with my apple i.d. When going to settings and trying to use the same i.d. to access icloud and apps using location service such as find my phone I came up against the account limit issue.

The solution was to use another device, my fathers new phone in my case. On this device we went to settings and signed out of his icloud account and then signed in again using my apple i.d. Once verified I signed out and my father signed back in to his icloud on his phone. Now my apple i.d. was a recognized icloud account and I was able to complete the set up on my phone.

can't sign in to icloud from iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.