Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Mac G5 pomme grise et ventilateurs à fond

Bonjour,

J'ai un Power Mac G5 d'octobre 2004, 2 x 2Gh.

Quand je l'allume il reste sur écran pomme grise et après quelques minutes les ventilos se mettent à tourner

comme des fous.

J'ai essayer

- mode verbose marche pas

- mode single user marche pas

- vider la pram

- il ne veut pas démarrer sur le cd d'origine

- il démarre sur le cd hardware test matériel OK

- j'ai changer la pile de la carte graphique

- tester les barettes mémoires

Voilà, es-ce que quelqu'un à une idée à me proposer ?

D'avance merci !

bolidde

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 4:27 AM

8 replies

Apr 7, 2014 10:50 AM in response to bolidde

I do not know why the fans are running like crazy nor do I know why you could not boot with your orginal cd.

What did hardware test indicate? How were the fans when you run the hardware test?

Sometimes if volumes don't appear in Startup Manager (what you get when you hold down the Option key at startup), you need to reset the Mac's PRAM, NVRAM, and Open Firmware. Shut down the Mac, then power it up, and before the screen lights up, quickly hold down the Command, Option, P, and R keys, until the Mac has chimed twice more after the powerup chime.

Then, before the screen lights up, hold down Command-Option-O-F until the Open Firmware screen appears. Then enter these lines, pressing Return after each one:

reset-nvram

set-defaults

reset-all

"The reset-all command should restart your Mac. If so, you have successfully reset the Open Firmware settings."

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1812?viewlocale=en_US

Should the fail...

Try taking the battery out for 10 minutes. Put battery back in. Cross fingers. Power the machine back on.

How to eject a cd from the internal cd drive:

eject cd

List of devices:

devalias

List of variables:

printenv

google translate:

I have a Power Mac G5 October 2004, 2 x 2GH.
When I turn it on it stays on gray Apple screen and after a few minutes the ventilos start to turn
like crazy.
I try
- Verbose mode does not work
- Single user mode not working
- Empty pram
- It does not start on the original cd
- It starts on the cd hardware test equipment OK
- I change the battery of the graphics card
- Test memory barrettes

Here, es anyone an idea to offer me?

In advance thank you!
bolidde

Apr 11, 2014 4:19 AM in response to rccharles

Hello Robert,

I can not do the test because I do not know ppc linux distribution and I do not have a firewire external drive. Target modes, verbose, single user do not work or I go the wrong way: (

It's weird that it starts on test drive and not on the OSX disk hardware

And I think it is unfortunate that this G5 will finish at the bottom of the cellar unfortunately

for me.

In any case, thank you for your help.

Vincent

Power Mac G5 pomme grise et ventilateurs à fond

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.