Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Display 23"1082 DVI Power Issue

I have a 23" Apple Display which when connected to my macbook it does not show an image or show any light on the screen to indicate power, if I press and hold the power button on the screen it flashes the light quickly once and then goes off and does not stay on. If I hold the button it keeps flashing on and off as long as I hold the power button. The stange part is if the macbook is put to sleep the light on the screen appears on as if its in sleep mode, but as soon as I wake the macbook up the screen light switches off again. During this process the sceen shows no image or any signs of showing an image.

The 90W PSU is working fine as I tested it at my place of work and it powers the screens there fine.

The port on my macbook works fine as it will connect to my ADC screen via the ADV to DVI converter.

Any thoughts on a good starting point to resolve the issue or has anyone suffered a similar problem and found a fix

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 4:46 AM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 12:33 PM in response to DPP_UK

Further to the above.

When connected to the macbook it will recognise the screen in the system profiler and see the 23" DVI but no image will show, when the macbook is in sleep mode and screen light is glowing it stops as soon as the USB lead from the screen is connected.

There is definitely a connection and the communication is there, just no image.

Apple Display 23"1082 DVI Power Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.