Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet connection with Cisco DPC3008(Comcast)

Hi.

I'm having a trouble setting up both wired&wireless network with 2TB TC at my new home.

I subscrib Comcast cable service and recently purchased 2TB Time Capsule as an upgrade from Linksys E3200 wireless router to serve both router and Time Machine back up for my Macs.

I thought it would be the simple connection.

First I connected from DPC3008 to TM and connected via Wifi: No connection.

Then wired connection was able to access to internet shown legit IP and DNS server, etc...

Noticed TC is in Bridged mode.

And only the rMBP I connected via ethernet works but the PC in wired doesn't access to internet.

So I switched to DHCP and NAT since it would be the only router I would use.

Wifi connects which 'doesn't' show no internet but it seems to have its own IP. All the websites are just keep loading.

Wired connection also not working.

Is it really the hardware defect or simply TC hates DPC3008?

Please help.

Thank you.

Josh

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 9:54 AM

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the TC

Push the reset button on the back of the modem for 2-3 seconds and let it restart for a few minutes

Then power off the modem completely....and leave it off for at least 20 minutes....longer is better

With the TC powered up for a few minutes, hold in the reset button on the back of the TC for 10 seconds and release.

Allow a full minute for the TC to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

Power off the TC

After the modem power down period, connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the TC

Power up the modem.....and let it run for 10 minutes

Now power up the TC, wait a few minutes, then set it up

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on Other WiFi Devices

Click on Time Capsule

Follow the prompts

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2014 9:54 AM in response to joshmann

Disconnect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the TC

Push the reset button on the back of the modem for 2-3 seconds and let it restart for a few minutes

Then power off the modem completely....and leave it off for at least 20 minutes....longer is better

With the TC powered up for a few minutes, hold in the reset button on the back of the TC for 10 seconds and release.

Allow a full minute for the TC to restart to a slow, blinking amber light

Power off the TC

After the modem power down period, connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN "O" port on the TC

Power up the modem.....and let it run for 10 minutes

Now power up the TC, wait a few minutes, then set it up

Open Macintosh HD > Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility

Click on Other WiFi Devices

Click on Time Capsule

Follow the prompts

Internet connection with Cisco DPC3008(Comcast)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.