Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Photo click wheel problems

I recently repaired my old 60 Gb iPod Photo by replacing the broken HDD and the battery and everything has been working fine. Unfortunately now I have a new problem with the click wheel. All clickable parts (forward, backward,...) work fine but the touch scroll continously gets stuck. If I reset the click wheel by toggling the hold switch on and off it immediately starts working again but after 5-10 minutes the problem reappears. I have tried restoring the iPod a few times but with no results.

iPod photo (Early 2005)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 6:38 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 3:18 AM in response to tago

If you already tried a Restore, and that does not help, the likely cause is a problem on the click wheel. You may want to take it apart again, to make sure everything is fitting properly internally. Maybe there is pressure on the clickwheel component, and that is causing this problem. Try using the iPod with the back panel not snapped shut. Does the problem still occur?

iPod Photo click wheel problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.