Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What does 'Appliance Error (configuration error) Your request could not be processed because of a configuration error: account is disabled' mean?

All of a sudden Safari on my MacBook Air won't let me do anything. I have a Mac OS X Version 10.7.5.

As soon as I open Safari, a message comes up straight away saying 'Appliance Error (configuration error) Your request could not be processed because of a configuration error: account is disabled'.

I also can't check for system updates because of a 'network error' and can't connect to the App Store.

My internet is working fine and safari is working fine on both my iPhone and iPad.

I've never seen this message before and I'm not having much luck in searching for an answer.

This may be a silly question, I don't know, but does anyone have a solution?

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 6:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 11:54 AM

Back up all data.

From the menu bar, select

System Preferences... Network

If the preference pane is locked, click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password to unlock it. Then click the Advanced button and select the Proxies tab. If any proxy options are selected, make a note of them and then deselect them. You don’t need to change the bypass or FTP settings. Click OK and then Apply. Test. The result may be that you can't connect to any web server. Restore the previous settings if that happens.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2014 11:54 AM in response to HannahKate_90

Back up all data.

From the menu bar, select

System Preferences... Network

If the preference pane is locked, click the lock icon in the lower left corner and enter your password to unlock it. Then click the Advanced button and select the Proxies tab. If any proxy options are selected, make a note of them and then deselect them. You don’t need to change the bypass or FTP settings. Click OK and then Apply. Test. The result may be that you can't connect to any web server. Restore the previous settings if that happens.

What does 'Appliance Error (configuration error) Your request could not be processed because of a configuration error: account is disabled' mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.