Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving twitter notification sounds in IPhone 5s.

Hello all,

I have bought iPhone 5s recently and downloaded the twitter app. Unfortunately, even after fiddling with all the sound settings, I do not receive the notification sound for twitter either when my tweet is re-tweeted, favourited or when I receive a mention. However, I always duly receive the email notification whenever any of the aforesaid action happens.

A help would be appreciated.

Thanks

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 6:55 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2014 2:09 PM in response to Siddharth2014

Hello Siddharth2014,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iOS: Understanding notifications

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3576

Troubleshooting notifications

Push notifications require an active Wi-Fi or cellular connection.

Note: Notifications use Wi-Fi only when a cellular connection is unavailable. Firewalls and proxy servers may affect your ability to receive notifications. For more information, see Unable to use Apple Push Notification service (APNs).

If you're not receiving notifications for a specific app, try these steps:

1. Verify that the app supports notifications.
  2. After installing an app or restoring a backup to a different iOS device, open the app to begin receiving notifications. If the app requires entering or logging in to an account, you will need to do this before receiving notifications.
  3. Check Settings > Notification Center to ensure that the app is configured for notifications. If notifications do not appear in the Notification Center, verify that the Notification Center setting for the app is enabled.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Aug 7, 2014 4:19 PM in response to mario49

I have the same issue and it's not the notifications that are the problem, it's the sound.

I still get notifications of new Tweets and there is a 'Tweet' sound you can use but for some reason, cannot apply. If you choose the 'Tweet' sound as the default, it will still play other sounds. The only time it makes the tweet sound for me is when I send a Tweet via another app (i.e. sharing a news story or video). whenever someone Tweets me, I just get a standard beep. I have changed the setting in sounds but it does not work.

Not receiving twitter notification sounds in IPhone 5s.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.