Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo Messenger won't sign in Macbook (13" Black) v. 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Been having some really weird issues with Yahoo Messenger on my Macbook (13" Black) O/S Snow Leopard v 10.6.8. My sign-in/log-in screen has been in this perpetual cycle of saying "signing -in" but nothing happens.. I have no other issues with other messenging apps (e.g iChat, AOL-IM, ICQ, etc) work just fine, but just non stop things with Yahoo. Don't know if it ever worked on here, but now its becoming an issue because I'm starting an online class now and need to have this for discussion groups. Any help would be great .. Thanks ! (BTW this screen shot has been goign on for about an hour)

User uploaded file

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Snow Leopard

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 6:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 1:43 PM

The most random fix just happened for me, something I didn't think of trying.

At the Log-In Screen:

Click File --> Preferences --> Select the Connection option (I changed the toggle to 'Behind Firewall') .. Although, I'm not behind a fire wall or anything but just played around with the settings and it worked and now I'm able to log in . strange.. very strange..

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2014 1:43 PM in response to Jignasu

The most random fix just happened for me, something I didn't think of trying.

At the Log-In Screen:

Click File --> Preferences --> Select the Connection option (I changed the toggle to 'Behind Firewall') .. Although, I'm not behind a fire wall or anything but just played around with the settings and it worked and now I'm able to log in . strange.. very strange..

User uploaded file

Yahoo Messenger won't sign in Macbook (13" Black) v. 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.