Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I switch my iPod Touch to my new apple ID when I don't have any access to the previous apple ID information?

I recently got a brand new laptop and wanted to switch my apple ID to a brand new account under a new and more recently used email address.

I set up the new apple ID and my music is synced with it, but when I go to buy new music off of my iPod touch it is still under the old apple ID. I don't have access to the old apple ID or the old email address it was under.

Please help! My car now has a new stereo that will play my music from the iPod and I would love to get some new music on it!

iPod touch (3rd generation)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 8:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 8:54 AM

CHANGE ID

The ID is used in the following locations and y have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note:

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

-To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

If the iPod has iOS 7 then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 7, 2014 8:54 AM in response to Annie.W

CHANGE ID

The ID is used in the following locations and y have to change them.

Settings>Messages>Send and Receive

Settings>FaceTime

Settings>GameCenter

Settings>iCloud

and Settings>iTunes and App store

You have to sign out of ID (for iCloud you delete the iCloud account from the iPod) and sign in with other ID.

Note:

- Apps are locked to the account that purchased them.

-To update apps you have to sign into the account that purchased the apps. If you have apps that need updating purchased from more than one account you have to update them one at a time until the remaining apps were purchased from one account.

If the iPod has iOS 7 then you have the enter the password for Apple ID presently sign in Settings>iCloud.

Also, a Restriction can be set (Settings>General>Restrictions) the prevents changing accounts

How do I switch my iPod Touch to my new apple ID when I don't have any access to the previous apple ID information?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.