Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cox.net email username and password incorrect iPhone and iPad

Issue with IOS 7.1 and cox. www.cox.net mail sign in worked perfectly. But with my new devices I found the sign in wasn't that streamline.

After weeks of dealing with Cox and Applecare I found that Cox.net recently changed their security protocall for mobile devices with their passwords needing to be a higher strength (just like apple id passwords back with IOS 5). iPad and iphone was not signing into the username and password no matter what even after restore and setup as new. Went to Apple genius and they explained that it's deifinitely a Cox issue but the fix to it is updating password to one with a capital and a number and at least 8 charaters. After that was done, signed into the mail app on the devices and 5 seconds later signed in.

Hope this helps.

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2017 6:56 PM

Did not work for me. Changed my password with Cox to meet the requirements and still have the authentication failure.

1 reply

Cox.net email username and password incorrect iPhone and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.