Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 5.2 Maverick 10.9.2 Constantly crashes

I am finding this version constantly crashing on multiplle machines around the school. Especially when closing files or saving whether larger or smaller. Very repeatable, and especially if the files are on a network share form Maverick server share. Thoughts from others?

Trying deleting preferences to see if this works first.

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 11:47 AM

4 replies

Apr 7, 2014 5:00 PM in response to icewazza

At least you are getting a crash. All of a sudden, all three applications -- Pages, Keynote, Numbers --- will not open. All that happens is the icon in the dock bounces twice then nothing else happens.

These are the new version of each running under 10.9.2. They were working just fine from when I did the update last week until last night.

I run the iMac 24/7. Since last night, I did not load any software, run utilities, etc. I did do my weekly restart this morning. Since finding the problem, I repaired permissions and restarted a couple times. No love.

Looks like several people are suddenly having problems. Any advice?

Apr 8, 2014 10:30 AM in response to icewazza

Icewazza.... Your message jogged my memory (which at my age sometimes needs help anyway). At MacWorld, I bought the current version of TechTool as they were selling it at 50% off. This past weekend, I experimented with removing other languages from lots of applications. Saved an incredible 3.5 GB!

Last night, while trying to fall asleep, it occurred to me that I should be able to recover the applications. This morning, I fired up TimeMachine and it perfectly rescued me. A good thing since I'm in the middle of a large project centered upon a Pages document. 😎

Pages 5.2 Maverick 10.9.2 Constantly crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.