Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playing ipod in the car

Device makes a connection in the car (song info displays on radio) through cord that came with car but music won't play through stereo. When it is plugged in, the devices recognizes a connection as well and will start playing music on the device. Other ipods will just fine through the stereo. The problem one is an iPod touch iOP 6.1.6. software is up to date and We have tried resetting it.

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 11:48 AM

3 replies

Apr 7, 2014 12:58 PM in response to parkerej8

Which devices/iOS devices do work?

Does the car manufactiures say it will work with your model iPod/iOS?

Sometimes this works

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Apr 7, 2014 8:02 PM in response to lllaass

The devices that work are an iPod Nano and another iPod touch (same version).

I did the reset again and it still doesn't work. It also doesn't work on a Bose docking station. When it is connected to the car, I can control the ipod with the car controls and the radio shows the song/artist/etc correctly. The ipod is actually a friends so I'd rather not restore factory settings unless I absolutely need to. Any other tips?

Apr 8, 2014 2:08 AM in response to parkerej8

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- Next if you want to

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

Otherwise, restoring is next

Playing ipod in the car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.