Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages document to Word Document problems

I have a problem and I really need advice.

I use Pages and do translations with it. All fine I like Pages but I have one problem

When I export it as a Word Document the reciever gets the document with a bit of a shattered Layout.

Then when they want to change or edit it (Just made a CV for a client) they cant touch it it doesnt let them change it.

Any tips how I can deliver professional word documents for the customer?

Thanks any advice really appreciated

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Maverick 10.9.2, Pages 8

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 2:04 PM

5 replies

Apr 8, 2014 1:01 AM in response to PeterBreis0807

oh so I can download that Libre Office and (I am sorry I feel silly but I never used that before) I still work my doc in pages and then copy it in or do I use that then from the start and forget Pages?

As I understand now if you want to export from Pages to Word it will not work really.
What about the newest Pages (thought about buying the new version as I use it lots) ? Is that better there?

Thanks again

Apr 8, 2014 4:55 AM in response to celticspirit08

The newest (now v5.2) version of Pages is a functionality regression that will continue as a source of annoyance until Apple adds more WP functionality and fixes bugs. Avoid.

Only Office for Mac (latest 2011) produces native Word documents. Other products including Pages and LibreOffice perform translations, which as you have discovered, can generate less accurate Word documents.

The free LibreOffice, and its associated antecedents, have been around since the early 1990s. It is a fully functional office package, and the Writer tool likely has the best Word document translation available, in addition to many other formats. The interface is circa 2006 MS Word, and can generate current .doc/.docx. It is a comprehensive tool, and there is a Writer PDF manual available for download. The Getting Started document from this location is also useful information.

Pages document to Word Document problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.