Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos In iPhone 5s Camera Roll Will NOT Attach To New Email

Long-time iPhone user. Long time Apple user. On my iPhone 5s, sometimes (50% of the time), I go to my camera roll, select a photo or a group of photos to send >> tap the Email icon and an empty email pops up that is dead. Totally dead. So, because the mail is dead, the image cannot be attached, I cannot type in subject line, To: line or body of email.

Normally, when it's working properly, you select the image, tap Email and an email window pops up that usually includes your primary email address you're sending it FROM is already entered. Then you tap on the To: line and you can type in who you're sending it to. All of that is dead. tapping screen does nothing.

It also affects other apps. For instance, I play a game and use the Share tab to invite friends and the email will not work there either. The message body, To: and From: are all dead.

Does anyone know about this issue and know what to do about it?

I searched these forums and found a million threads teaching beginning iPhone users how to do what I'm describing but none that says anything about this problem.

Thank you!!!

iPhone 5s, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 7:39 PM

In case anyone comes across this thread, I actually tried everything I know. Force quit app, restarted phone, etc. But on a fourth restart of the phone, itself, this problem fixed itself eventually.

Haha. No one can ever answer my questions. Probably because I know how to fix 99% of things and I only ask when it's one of those rare and bizarre glitches that only rarely happen. Please don't delete this post just because no techs replied. It may help someone having the same rare glitch.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2014 7:39 PM in response to UtahRugby

In case anyone comes across this thread, I actually tried everything I know. Force quit app, restarted phone, etc. But on a fourth restart of the phone, itself, this problem fixed itself eventually.

Haha. No one can ever answer my questions. Probably because I know how to fix 99% of things and I only ask when it's one of those rare and bizarre glitches that only rarely happen. Please don't delete this post just because no techs replied. It may help someone having the same rare glitch.

Photos In iPhone 5s Camera Roll Will NOT Attach To New Email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.