Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMTP transmission failure has occurred this happened somehow overnight since I received in coming mail last evening.

I'm not able to receive any mail today. I could last night. I have changed no settings. Help/

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 2:25 PM

7 replies

Apr 9, 2014 1:40 PM in response to dunwoody

Thanks for your prompt response. I can't receive mail. I can send only. I was receiving OK the previous night, Sunday, April 6th. But yesterday, Monday April 7th messages were kicked back to senders as undeliverable. I sent to several emails from another email address to dnjames and those "test " messages were met with the below info:

This report relates to a message you sent with the following header fields:
Message-id: <1396963818.7373.YahooMailNeo@web142704.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 06:30:18 -0700 (PDT)
To: David James <dnjames>
Subject: xxx
Your message cannot be delivered to the following recipients:
Recipient address: dnjames1940
Original address: dnjames
Reason: SMTP transmission failure has occurred
Diagnostic code: smtp;554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons. See http://postmaster.yahoo.com/errors/postmaster-28.html
Remote system: dns;mta5.am0.yahoodns.net (TCP|17.158.236.237|60512|63.250.192.46|25) (mta1679.mail.gq1.yahoo.com ESMTP ready)

<Email Edited by Host>

SMTP transmission failure has occurred this happened somehow overnight since I received in coming mail last evening.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.