Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop slideshow cropping pictures on iPad2 photos app?

Hi there,

I am trying to use the slideshow function in the photos app on my iPad 2 and I have consistently had problems with it.

In short, the issue is that when I play the slideshow it 'zooms' in really far on photos, cropping them (regardless of aspect ratio - portrait or landscape) to the point that they become extreme close up shots - or if they are already close up potraits, can miss the faces entirely.

It makes the slideshow function essentially unusable.

I can find no setting concerned with photo display options (the only slideshow settings being transition choice and play music or not), and the weird thing is that it doesnt always do it consistently - so it will crop the same photo by a differnet amount on differnt playthroughs, but will almost always do it.

I would much rather have some black areas around the photos and see the whole picture than have it crazy-auto-zoomed in like this.

This is on the 'dissolve' transition setting, though it does it with others as well - eg 'wipe'

It seems to do it with every album I try.

Interestingly it doesn't seem to do it so much with the 'camera roll' (photos taken with the iPad).

Any help would be appreciated as this is driving me nuts!

Thanks

MACBOOK PRO (RETINA, 15-INCH, LATE 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 2:58 PM

There are no replies.

How to stop slideshow cropping pictures on iPad2 photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.