Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard and trackpad unresponsive - Macbook Pro Retina 13" Late 2013

I have tried using this update. My macbook pro 13" late 2013 is completely up to date with all updates. But my mac freezes every 2-3 days. Trackpad and keyboard become unusable. Most of the times, I just use Chrome.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 4:10 PM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 9:47 AM in response to parmeshta

Hello Parmeshta,

It sounds like your keyboard and trackpad will both become unresponsive at the same time every few days. I recommend resetting your SMC, then your PRAM and retesting the issue:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

1. Shut down the computer.
  2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
  3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
  4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
  5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
    Note
    : The LED on the MagSafe power adapter may change states or temporarily turn off when you reset the SMC.

Then reset the PRAM:

OS X Mavericks: Reset your computer’s PRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/ph14222

1. Shut down your Mac.
  2. Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Option, Command (⌘), P, and R. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously in step 4.
  3. Turn on your Mac.
  4. Immediately press and hold the Option-Command-P-R keys. You must press this key combination before the gray screen appears.Continue holding the keys down until your Mac restarts, and you hear the startup sound for the second time.
  5. Release the keys.

Resetting PRAM may change some system settings and preferences. Use System Preferences to restore your settings.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

Keyboard and trackpad unresponsive - Macbook Pro Retina 13" Late 2013

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.