Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I save photos in my "camera roll" to "my photo stream" so that I can save them to icloud?

Ive tried saving photos to my photostream but whenever i select a photo in my camera roll and i click "add to" it doesnt allow me to add it to any pre-existing albums or to even add it to "my photo stream". Please help me get this figured out. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 3:49 PM

1 reply

Apr 7, 2014 4:33 PM in response to bg200281

Only photos taken with the Camera or saved to the Camera Roll are sent to PhotoStream. You can cause photos already in the Camera Roll to go to PhotoStream by various roundabout fashions like emailing them to yourself and then saving them.

The point is, however, that putting photos into PhotoStream is in no way "saving them". PhotoStream only retains 1000 photos and those for only 30 days.

If you want to archive photos save them to your computer or save them to a cloud service like Dropbox.

how do I save photos in my "camera roll" to "my photo stream" so that I can save them to icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.