Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hi, how can i go back to the iMovie older version?

how do get my old imovie version back on my mac?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 4:37 PM

4 replies

Jun 7, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Jim Wanamaker

Does anyone know the hard way then? I have an old tape that my camcorder will play, and it shows up in iMovie, but after the recording process ends there is no recording. It says NO DATA in the upper right while recording. I've read online that I can go back to an earlier version to fix this issue, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that. I must've deleted the imovie 9 when I installed Mavericks.

Jun 7, 2015 3:17 PM in response to tanstaafl_42

Your problem may not be exactly the same as that of the original poster of this older thread, and it can be very confusing for everybody if we try to answer more than one question in each thread.

In order for us to give your problem our undivided attention to try to solve it, would you kindly start your own thread, describing the trouble you are having in the fullest detail, including completing your details to show what Mac or iDevice you are using, what operating system, and what version of the application in question. Please remember to post in the forum relevant to your hardware or version of OS X.

Jun 9, 2015 7:39 AM in response to Klaus1

I will. I'm sorry, I had thought my reasons didn't matter as I was only asking how to go back to an earlier version of iMovie, which was what the original post was about. I wasn't looking for a solution other than that, though I realize now I should not have mentioned what was going on with my particular issue. The other forum I visit frequently doesn't like it if you post a new thread for something that is already covered and I was trying to be polite. I already found many posts suggesting that going back to an earlier version of iMovie or Quicktime (not quicktime player) would solve my problem, I just need to figure out how to do that.

hi, how can i go back to the iMovie older version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.