Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No audio during playback in Garageband 11.

I've gone through some of the forum questions and still cannot figure out the problem. Each individual track shows playback through the volume display except for the master track (nothing is soloed or muted), and I've checked both the System preferences for the Mac and in Garageband. I've also tried to create new tracks to find a phantom soloed track, recorded on them and tried playback. I disconnected my interface, restarted the computer and Garageband a number of times -- still nothing. iTunes works, as do other Garageband projects I've saved. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

GarageBand (Mac) '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 5:25 PM

4 replies

Apr 9, 2014 12:45 PM in response to léonie

It's been enabled and i've turned the volume up just to be sure yet the output display on the master track still shows nothing and there's still no sound.

Thanks for the reply though.

I've copied and pasted the tracks into a new project but any other suggestion to salvage my original project would be great -- I'd rather not have to re-create all the settings, patches and plug-ins for each track since there are many of them....

Thanks again.

No audio during playback in Garageband 11.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.