Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi i need help my Macbook dosent start up

I tried to repair from the osx utilities and it says it cant repair the hard drive that i need to restore but i dont have a backup and the files in it are very important what can i do? Im really worried please help me

Someone reommended me to reinstall OSX but im worried that might delte my data

I have friends with Macbook can i backup with their computer or what do you recommend me to do

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 9:18 PM

2 replies

Apr 7, 2014 9:26 PM in response to javierunited

javierunited,

I recommend that you start regularly backing up files that are very important to you, since a hard drive problem can easily wipe out those very important files. An easy way to do regular backups is to purchase an external hard drive for use as a Time Machine backup destination.

However, since your files had not been important enough for you to have backed them up when your hard drive was working well, you can try following the instructions on this page, in the “Instructions for backing up to an external hard disk via Disk Utility” section, to see if you can make a backup of them now.

Apr 7, 2014 9:33 PM in response to javierunited

I assume you tried to repair Disk from the Recovery Disk Utilities? You can not repair a volume from the same volume that you are booted from.

If DU can not make the repair then DiskWarrior may well be able to repair what DU can not.

I would not recommend reinstalling the OS if the Disk needs repaired.

I would follow Melophage advise above and make a back up now in case of failure.

Hi i need help my Macbook dosent start up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.