Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

S.M.A.R.T data of Apple SSD.

Hi,

Does anyone have some idea about the AD property of the Apple SSD in Macbook Pro 15 (2013 autumn)? It is dropping down very fast when I have lots of writing operations to the disk, it seems like it is the wear status of the disk (it is wear status on Crucial M4 SSD). Now I believe I just wrire about 1TB data to my 512GB disk, but the value is dropped down to 159, I don't believe that it can only do 5TB write operation.

Thanks for any help.

MacBook Pro, Windows 7

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 10:22 PM

3 replies

May 7, 2014 4:46 AM in response to Neytirix

Same here. Apple SSD SM0512F, 500 GB. CrystalDiskInfo (yes, running Win7 on it) reports this drive as failed because of SMART-ID "AD" (vendor specific attribute). Macbook Pro Retina A1398, March 2014. Firmware: UXM2JA1Q.

So far I wasn't able to find any information about this ID, or a firmware update.

Aug 5, 2014 6:37 AM in response to VSWG

I just had an identical Notebook produce the same error message (SMART-ID "AD" error). Clearly this is an incompatiblity between the Apple/Samsung-SSD and Windows 7. On both notebooks I've deactivated the scheduled task \Microsoft\Windows\DiskDiagnostic in order to suppress the message. I wish there would be a better way to solve this problem though...

S.M.A.R.T data of Apple SSD.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.