Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find my iphone can only locate my iphone when its at home

I have recently lost the ability to locate my iphone when it is away from my house either using the app on my pc or on my ipad. The phone wifi is on and find my iphone is active. My ipad shows up on the no matter where it is but the phone disappears off the radar if the phone is more than a few hundred yards away from the house. Phone is operating normally for calls, texts and browsing.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.4

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 1:05 AM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 7:00 AM in response to rob59scot

Check what happens on other wifi networks, if you can locate it? If yes I would be looking at something that disabled your GPS location reading from carriers towers. To be honest I had never seen anything of that kind, but I would try to reset all settings on iphone and may be talk to carrier and check if any carrier updates are available. You can do that by connecting phone to itunes or going to settings- general - software update. When you speak to carrier may be they can reprovision your line.

Find my iphone can only locate my iphone when its at home

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.