Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod shuffle volume not decreasing?!

hello i just brought a ipodshuffle at the online store i have sync it with a few songs when i ejected my ipod on itunes, i pugged in my headphones and it BLASTED my music at full blast i am unable to decrease the volume. I have sync different songs still get the same result.

Any help is great thanks 😉

iPod shuffle (4th generation late 2012)

Posted on Apr 7, 2014 11:46 PM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 3:04 AM in response to Liaminlincoln

Since this problem occurred, have you turned OFF the shuffle. If not, put the power switch on the shuffle in the OFF position for at least ten seconds. That is a Reset. Then, turn it back ON.

Make sure the headphones plug is completely inserted into the headphone jack on the shuffle, as shown in the pictures in this document.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3572

The fit can be tighter than expected, especially when brand new. The shuffle can use headphones with remote control buttons on the cord, and if the headphone plug is not completely inserted, maybe it is getting false control signals (for volume up).

If that does not help, you may want to do a Restore on the shuffle using iTunes. The Restore button is on the shuffle's Summary screen in iTunes. This will erase the shuffle, reinstall its software, and set it to default settings. That would fix corruption in the shuffle's software or settings.

And if that does not help, return it for a refund and get another one.

ipod shuffle volume not decreasing?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.