Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Won't send emails

Can receive emails but won't send

iPad Air Wi-Fi, Cellular, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 4:37 AM

8 replies

Apr 10, 2014 2:11 PM in response to Lisa mccaffrey

Hello Lisa mccaffrey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

For more information, take a look at:

iOS: Troubleshooting Mail

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3899?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Delete the affected email account from your device.

• Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
  • Choose the affected email account, then tap Delete Account.
  • Add your account again.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Jan 26, 2015 11:27 AM in response to Lisa mccaffrey

Hello All, I have had trouble with Apple Mail since I switched to Mac, and have tried lots of things. Fixes would work for a day, and then the problem would suddenly reappear. What I have learned is that Apple Mail has trouble interpreting mail server names in text format. In other words, my incoming and outgoing mail server was mail.mydomain.com...and so I entered it into the setup fields as such. This was the problem. Finally, after dozens of calls to my ISP, one tech support guy figured it out. He had me delete the text version of my mail server and type in the IP address of my mail server. (he had to tell me what that number is, as I had no idea). That solved the problem. Apple Mail has no trouble interpreting the numbers of the IP address. The only downside to this is if your ISP changes the mail server on you, then that IP won't work anymore.

Jun 19, 2015 1:36 PM in response to tturiano

^ This sure explains a lot.

I have had endless problems of this exact nature. I delete the account and re-add it only to have it go belly up the next day.

Apple's attention to Mail is pathetic. All platforms have endless problems. I use Airmail on my iMac but even that is not perfect but I still can connect and send and receive which is more than I can say for Mail.

Jun 19, 2015 10:21 PM in response to shnyhd

contacting your supplier live tech support would be good. Be good to know also if you have a second email account that works on send and receive. Does the send work on your smart phone if you have one? Because you receive, it's almost certain to be a set up issue and not a software issue. Port 465 is common and port 25 is obsolete. Also, are you connecting to the internet going directly to your modem or going thru a hub to the modem? Go direct. Also, reboot the modem.

Won't send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.