Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trying to set up a Crazy Domains hosted email address in Mail is proving impossible. Anyone got any idea of the correct settings?

Help! Does anyone know how to set up a Crazy Domains email account in Mac Mail? I'm at the point of screaming with frustration. None of the settings are specific enough and the automatic setup app doesn't work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Cathie

Pages-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 6:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 5:41 AM

I've been with both for years and have had about 8 email addresses with Crazy and setup and working with Mail.

A few days a go some of my emails stopped working ... only ones specific to one site. Other accounts with another Crazy domain I have are all ok.

The frustrating thing is; they were working now they're not. The settings for all the Non-working emails are the same as the Woerking emails.

The auto scripts have NEVER worked ... don't know why they still have them there.

Incoming mail is .... mail.yourwebaddress i.e. mail.weddingdresses.com

ougoing is .... mail.yourserviceprovidersmailaddress i.e. mail.bigpond.com.au

The port is usually 110 and don't tick SSL.

However, I stumbled across an email help screnn somewhere in CrazyDomain that used three other different ports .... can't find that reference again.... it was only two days ago.

These settings work for some emails through Crazy but not all .... can't figure out why.

Sending a help request seems to get a reply that hasn't anything to do with the original question ... support itself is a battle sometimes.

Goodluck ... hopefully the above may help.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 5:41 AM in response to CathieLive

I've been with both for years and have had about 8 email addresses with Crazy and setup and working with Mail.

A few days a go some of my emails stopped working ... only ones specific to one site. Other accounts with another Crazy domain I have are all ok.

The frustrating thing is; they were working now they're not. The settings for all the Non-working emails are the same as the Woerking emails.

The auto scripts have NEVER worked ... don't know why they still have them there.

Incoming mail is .... mail.yourwebaddress i.e. mail.weddingdresses.com

ougoing is .... mail.yourserviceprovidersmailaddress i.e. mail.bigpond.com.au

The port is usually 110 and don't tick SSL.

However, I stumbled across an email help screnn somewhere in CrazyDomain that used three other different ports .... can't find that reference again.... it was only two days ago.

These settings work for some emails through Crazy but not all .... can't figure out why.

Sending a help request seems to get a reply that hasn't anything to do with the original question ... support itself is a battle sometimes.

Goodluck ... hopefully the above may help.

Apr 9, 2014 8:28 AM in response to soulmandj65

Hi soulmandj65,

Thanks so much for your help, looks like it's not only me having trouble. I have sent Crazy Domains several messages today but have had no response. I've sort of lost the will to live, so will revisit it again tomorrow. I'll try some of the settings you've suggested. Fingers crossed I may have some luck. It's very frustrating when things like this should be so easy and yet they just don't work.

Again, thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Cathie

P.S. Funnily enough I just had a phone call from Crazy Domains! From the Philippines! I couldn't chat at the time as had to rush off but hopefully they'll be calling back tomorrow. I'll let you know what happens.

May 29, 2014 10:48 AM in response to CathieLive

Hi there,

did you ever get your problem with Crazy Domains sorted.

I have been using them since December, then today my emails have stopped working via imail. I canstill access them via the crazy domains website - bit nothing seems to connect on imail and it is constantly not recognising the password.

Just wondered if you had any words of wisdom?

Thanks.

May 29, 2014 5:51 PM in response to LondonSteveF

Hi LondonSteveF,

This is a regular ocurrance.

You can try and fix it until you're blue in the face ... there's nothing you can do.

I have spent days on this issue, and more than once.

It's to do with Crazy's system blocking you out, for no apparent reason.

It fixes itself within time. By the time you've raised concerns with Crazy and they eventually get back to you .... it's all over.

Hang tight.... your emails should come back online on their own.

As a side note ... I've been trying to fix an issue with them for the past 2-3 years. Everytime I bring it up, I get different answers from different 'Help Desk' staff. It's never been fixed. 😕

Ever notice that when you raise a support ticket ... you'll get an email survey about how they went with it ... before you actually hear back from them or have to issue looked into and fixed?

Cheers!

Sep 8, 2014 12:59 AM in response to LondonSteveF

Did anyone ever get anywhere with this problem?? I am having issue after issue and no luck from the help desk or anywhere. I cannot log in or set up on my mail accounts as it keeps telling me the password is incorrect, but I can use the password through the crazy domains website so I know its not wrong! Its been the same thing for about 4 weeks now.

Thanks

Nov 13, 2014 7:22 AM in response to Cookiemonsta05

Hi,

I'd like to say I got a positive reply and managed to get my money back, but alas that wasn't to be. Basically we're dealing with a company who doesn't care about small businesses and if anything, goes out of their way to make it impossible to get a solution to anything. In the end I simply transferred every domain name and every email package to another provider (HostLove - who are fabulous!!). I've lost a lot of money, but at least don't have the grief any longer. It was a pointless exercise trying to reason with them. I explained over and over again that the products I bought were not fit for purpose and that I should have been offered a refund. They had the cheek to offer a credit note! As if I'd ever use their services again. Sometimes you've just got to cut you losses and move on. I did however, make quite a bit of fuss on Twitter, every time merely getting the same responses, all meaningless. Maybe do the same and copy me in if you like (@CathieLive), you might have more luck than me.

Thanks for all your thoughts and good luck!

Cheers,

Cathie

Nov 13, 2014 7:25 AM in response to CathieLive

Oh and by the way, shouting at customer services doesn't make a pinch of difference. I tried that too in the end, out of sheer frustration. That is, when I managed to speak to someone who I could actually understand and who could understand me. And the phone lines were always dreadful which also makes complaining very difficult. I wonder whether they do that on purpose. Appalling company.

Cathie

Trying to set up a Crazy Domains hosted email address in Mail is proving impossible. Anyone got any idea of the correct settings?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.