Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i recover Notes from iCloud to my iOS Device?

I typed a note on my way to work this morning. When I arrived at the office, I then tried to access it from iCloud.com on my work computer, however I found that it had not yet synced the new note. In an effort to force push the new content from my iPod Touch to iCloud, I tried going into Setting > iCloud and toggled the Notes option on and off, thinking it would then push the updated content from my iPod to iCloud— instead, it deleted ALL notes from my iPod, synced or not. I've now backed up all the notes stored in iCloud onto my harddrive, lest I risk accidently deleting them too (even though the new note I was trying to get at is stil missing).

Is there a way to get my notes back onto my iPod?

Thanks.

iPod touch

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 9:23 AM

9 replies

Apr 8, 2014 9:39 AM in response to jmasseau

If they appear on icloud.com all you should need to do to see them on your iPod is to go to Settings>iCloud and turn Notes on. If you did this already and your iCloud notes still don't appear, open the Notes app and tap Accounts (if you see this settings), then tap "iCloud" in the accounts list. This will make sure you are viewing your iCloud notes.

If they still don't appear, try force-closing the Notes app: double-tap the home button, locate Notes, swipe up on the image above the app icon, tap the home button again. Open the notes app and see if they appear now.

If they still don't appear, you'll need to try signing out of your iCloud account entirely, then back in. To do this, save any photo stream photos that you want to keep to your camera roll, then go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, provide your password and choose Delete from My iPod when prompted (your data will still be in iCloud). After 30 seconds or so, go to Settings>iCloud and sign back in. Your iCloud data (including notes) will download back to your iPod.

Apr 8, 2014 9:58 AM in response to randers4

I'd tried your first two suggestions, but it is still not working.

I am going to wait until I am home this evening to try your suggestion of signing out of iCloud on my iPod entirely, as I have a lot of other content (eg over 3000 photos) on my iPod that I would like to back up first just in case it is somehow accidentely deleted too, and think I would be best to do this on my home computer (which where my iPod in linked to for back up— not my office computer).

Thank you so much for providing your assistance. I will report later today on wheter signing out fo iCloud fixes the problem.

How do i recover Notes from iCloud to my iOS Device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.