Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone cannot be restored after ios 7 update??

I did the ios 7 update on my iPhone 4s last night. Mid update, my iphone gave the "connect to itunes" Screen. I connected to itunes and found that my iphone had enetered "recovery mode" and had to be restored. Tried to restore it and about 3/4 way through restore I get an error message that says " the iPhone "iPhone" could not be restored. An unknown error occurred (1)." I have done this serveral times now and each time I get the same message.

Mind you, I have tried restarting the iphone, I have charged the phone over night, I have tried using a different cable/different USP port, I have tried using a different computer, restarting my computer, "home/lock" button hold down. All I can get, regardless of all this, is an error message and a permantent "plug into iTunes screen."

HELP!!!!

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.2

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 11:00 AM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2014 11:04 AM in response to kaybcox36

The easiest thing to try is restoring the iPhone on anohter computer.

See this Apple doc for other more specific ideas -> Resolve specific iTunes update and restore errors

Check for hardware issues

Related errors: 1, 3, 10-47, 1002, 1011, 1012, 1014, 1000-1020, 1669.

Try to restore your iOS device two more times while connected with a cable, computer, and network you know are good. Also, confirm your security software and settings are allowing communication between your device and update servers. If you still see the error message when you update or restore, contact Apple support.

iPhone cannot be restored after ios 7 update??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.