Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering photos from broken iphone

I have an Iphone 4s and it's all smashed up (long story), I am trying to recover the files from it (mainly photos).

When I connect it to my laptop (Windows 7) the light comes on for about 5 seconds then off for about 5 seconds and keeps going. My laptop doesn't recognise the device. I can put it in DFU mode and I hear the sound windows makes when a device is connected, but I've tried a bunch of different programs to retrieve the files and none of them are working. They are all saying "Iphone not in normal mode", So when I exit from DFU mode to go back to normal, none of the programs I am using will recognise the phone at all.
Any help is much appreciated. I have lots of important photos I need off there (And yeah, I know, I should have backed it up. But I didn't).

iPhone 4S

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 12:29 PM

2 replies

Feb 7, 2017 1:45 AM in response to DaveMTR

Hi

If your iPhone will not turn on, then there is no way to recover data from it.

If you were previously using iCloud Photo Library, then your photos and videos will have been synced to iCloud. If this applies:

Otherwise, if you had not previously backed up your iPhone, I'm afraid that there is no way to recover your content.

Moving forward, you may wish to consider enabling iCloud Photo Library, iCloud Backup or both, to help preserve all of your data in the event of any future issue with a replacement iPhone.

Recovering photos from broken iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.