Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you cope with a system that shuts itself down after a safe boot progress bar is completed?

How do you resolve a problem with a system that shuts itself down after a safe reboot and when the progress bar is completed? Thanks.

iMac

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 12:44 PM

5 replies

Apr 8, 2014 11:59 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks for you response - the honest answer is I don't know, not being particularly IT literate. I do know however that I'm running Maverick if that is of any help?

I also tried the Command R route, along with holding some other keys as per the Apple troubleshooting guide, but no luck. My wife pointed out though that the system was running slowly over the last few days and we had quite a lot of the 'spinning beach ball' before being able to undertake tasks.

Lastly, I inserted my start up disk bit as the system is unable to start I'm now unable to retrieve it. All-in-all a real pain.

Appreciate any advice. Many thanks.

Philip

How do you cope with a system that shuts itself down after a safe boot progress bar is completed?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.