Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone blank email 'mail' screen when I open it with blank top bar and create mail icon in the bottom right hand corner. I open it and it is stuck on this screen and then crashes. I can access my emails on my iPad and laptop. Rest of my phone is fine.

I have tried a soft reset and uninstalling and reinstalling my email accounts. It crashed when I was trying to refresh my emails and a video emIl came through. Any advice please?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 12:42 PM

2 replies

Apr 10, 2014 2:44 PM in response to Hobbit80

Hello Hobbit80,

Thank you for providing the details of the issue you are experiencing with Mail on your iPhone.

I recommend following these steps for an issue like this (you can skip 4 because it does not relate to the issue you are experiencing and any other steps you may have taken):

1. If a single application is not responding or stops responding when it opens, you can force it to close.
  2. If the device is unresponsive or if certain controls aren't working as expected, restart your device.
  3. If the device remains unresponsive or does not turn on (or power on),reset your device.
  4. If there is no video or if the screen remains black, verify that the device has enough charge to turn on:
    1. If you are using an iPad, ensure that it's connected to the USB Power Adapter supplied with the device.
    2. Let charge for at least twenty minutes, then see if it starts normally.
    3. If there is no image on the screen, press the Sleep/Wake button to attempt to wake the device.
    4. If the screen displays a red battery icon, continue charging the device until the battery is fully charged.
  5. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, or the if the screen remains black or shows a persistent Apple logo, try restoring with iTunes:
    1. Connect the device to your computer and open iTunes.
    2. If the device appears in iTunes, select and click Restore on the Summary pane. Learn more about restoring iOS software.
    3. If the device doesn't appear in iTunes, try to force the device into recovery mode, and then restore it.
  6. If the above steps do not resolve the issue, contact Apple.

You can find the full article here:

iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3281

If you get to step 5, I recommend backing up your iPhone before performing the restore:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Apr 11, 2014 3:08 AM in response to sheila_m.

Thank you Sheila. Unfortunately I had to completely reset my phone. It would have been ok except for the fact that when I did a full back up of my phone an then reinstalled it there was no warning that I had to back up my apps separately which means I've lost loads and even some I've paid for :-( on the up side my email is working again!!

iPhone blank email 'mail' screen when I open it with blank top bar and create mail icon in the bottom right hand corner. I open it and it is stuck on this screen and then crashes. I can access my emails on my iPad and laptop. Rest of my phone is fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.