Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

One email ALIAS suddenly stopped working :(

A grandfathered alias -- one of four -- abruptly stopped working and now comes back "unknown" to the iCloud server when I attempt to send an email. Yet all my other grandfathered aliases still work fine (of course, the malfunctioning alias is the one most precious to me).

The alias, which ends with "...@me.com" is still listed in my iClould email account settings along with the rest with no indication that anything is wrong. I did not alter, change or modify this alias or any other. One day I simply noticed that I was no longer receiving alerts for which this alias had been used, and the rest is a mystery.

Any thoughts/advise greatly appreciated. I've had the alias since the dawn of Apple's "@me.com" era.

Sincerely,

Alias-less in Seattle.

OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), iCloud Grandfathered Alias

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 1:33 PM

2 replies

Apr 8, 2014 2:15 PM in response to craydoh

I should add that the @iCloud version of this malfunctioning alias has ALSO stopped working, even though it too is still listed as one of my aliases in my iCloud settings.

I see that several others have complained of this problem, and fairly recently too, with no clear answers as to what the problem might be.

Apr 8, 2014 2:43 PM in response to craydoh

I went via Safari to iCloud Mail and fiddled with the Alias settings, re-entering the LABEL for the alias to mirror the alias address. And this fixed the problem.

For example, under "Label" for the alias JohnDoe@me.com I entered JohnDoe. And this fixed matters.

Perhaps entering ANYTHING in the "Label" section might have fixed the problem, but if you experience the same problem I recommend that you tinker with your alias settings WITHOUT DELETING the alias, because that instruction is irrevocable.

Good luck.

One email ALIAS suddenly stopped working :(

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.