Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem moving hidden files from Iphoto to Aperture

About a year ago I installed Aperture and moved all my iphoto files to Aperture. I have just now discovered that the files I had hidden are missing. I just updated to Maverics & updated my Aperture program, but don't know if I update iphoto if I will be able to access the files I had hidden. I don't see a way to unhide files in Aperture. I can search for a file on my mac and it will bring it up that it exists in iphoto, so I know they are still in my library on iphoto. I have an external hard drive that I keep my photos on. I'm not very computer savvy, so I need an easy solution if possible. Thanks for your help!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.6)

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 2:46 PM

1 reply

Apr 8, 2014 4:43 PM in response to mustangjane

See this document: Using the Unified Photo Library http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5043

Photos hidden using the Hide Photo command in iPhoto cannot be accessed in Aperture. If you open the library in iPhoto, unhide the photos, and then open the library again in Aperture, the previously hidden photos are accessible.

Photos rated as rejected in Aperture are not accessible in iPhoto. If the photo's rating is subsequently raised in Aperture, it will then be accessible in iPhoto.

So to unhide your photos, update iPhoto to a compatibe version. If your current Aperture version is Aperture 3.5.1, update iPhoto to 9.5.1, then you will be able to unhide the photos.

-- Léonie

Problem moving hidden files from Iphoto to Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.