Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to make text continuous, unaffected by transitions, in iMovie 10.0.2?

I am making a slideshow on iMovie 10.0.2, and I want to put a single caption for multiple pictures, but the text flashes off when the transitions happen, for a second, and come back on after the transition. Is there a way for the text to be continuous, unaffected by the transitions? It is distracting to watch the pictures when the text flashes off and back on for a second.

I used the automatic content to add the transitions and duration of the pictures, and I think this may be affecting it, but I am not sure.

Thanks for any help!!

iMovie (iOS), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 3:48 PM

10 replies

Apr 8, 2014 4:43 PM in response to Jim Wanamaker

It happens with all titles I try. When I first created the slide show, I was manually changing the duration and adding the transitions, and the transitions have no effect on the title. But because I have a lot of pictures in the slide show, I used the automatic content to automatically change the duration and insert transitions. This is when the text began to flash off with the transitions.

The beginning of the video is fine--transitions have no effect on the text, up until the point I switched to the automatic content. After that point is when the titles flash off with the transitions.

How to make text continuous, unaffected by transitions, in iMovie 10.0.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.