Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud synch with macBookPro & iPhone

just got a new iPhone...need to synch contacts, iCal, etc...but when setting up iCloud, Apple has my correct Apple ID, but my macbookpro System Preferences has the incorrect email as the Apple ID...when I click "manage AppleID" it sends me to the apple website where my correct Apple ID is in there...but not in System preferences on the macbookpro (running Mavericks), and the upload of info from the macbookPro to iCloud is not working. What should I do?

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 4:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 5:04 PM

Go to System Preferences>iCloud on your Mac. If it shows the wrong ID, sign out, then sign back in with the correct ID.

5 replies

Apr 8, 2014 6:59 PM in response to randers4

At 1st iCloud in sys pref's wasn't letting me sign out, then I found out I had to open Mail then close it, and then I could sign out (the incorrect email was a .mac address)...in order to get out tho I had to check the ok button on "delete calendar" ...once I signed back into iCloud with the right apple ID, I was able to synch my stuff...however, I've lost all my calendar data...any way to get that back?

Apr 8, 2014 7:10 PM in response to Brian Breen

Go to icloud.com and sign in with the old ID. Then open the calendar and see if the events are still in the calendar. If they are, download the calendar as an .ics file as follows:

1. Go to iCloud Calendar at iCloud.com and sign in with your iCloud Apple ID.
  2. Publicly share a calendar.
  3. Copy the URL (web address) of the shared calendar and paste it into the address field in your browser. Do not press Enter or Return yet.
  4. Change "webcal" to "http" and press Enter or Return. An ICS file will download to your default download location.
  5. Add the calendar to a calendar client such as Calendar or iCal on a Mac, or Outlook on a Windows computer.
  6. Unpublish the shared calendar.

Next, create a new empty calendar on your Mac with the same name by opening the Calendar appliction and going to File>New Calendar>iCloud. Then import the .ics file you downloaded earlier by going to File>Import>Import, navigate to the .ics file and click Import. When prompted about where to import the calendar to, choose the new iCloud calendar you created earlier from the drop-down menu and Import the calendar. Wait until the rotating progress wheel above the left sidebar stops. When it does, your calendar should now be imported to your iCloud account.

Apr 8, 2014 8:44 PM in response to Brian Breen

I'm not sure that you can. You may be able to do this by turning off iCloud calendar syncing by going to System Preferences>iCloud and unchecking Calendars. Then open a finder window, to to ~/Library/Calendars (you can use the Go>Go to Folder menu and paste this in the box, then click Go) folder, launch Time Machine, then restore this folder from an earlier point in time when you still had your calendar. Then open the Calendar application and export this calendar as an .ics file (as outlined above). Then go to System Preferences>iCloud and check Calendars again (iCloud will probably erase the recovered calendar), create an empty calendar in your iCloud account, then import the recovered .ics file to this empty iCloud calendar.

But I'm not an expert on this so you may want to search the forums and/or post this question over in the Mavericks forum.

iCloud synch with macBookPro & iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.