Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finishing - I hate the new version of iMovie!

I hate the new version of iMovie!how do you share with Idvd or burn your project to dvd?

iMovie '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), It only says OS X (10.9.2) though

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 5:03 PM

3 replies

Mar 3, 2015 11:47 AM in response to QuickTimeKirk

How do you use that file with DVD authorize software? Although I've always had iDvd mine has never worked so I've never relied on it. Until i upgraded to yosemite and iMovie 10.0.6 I always exported movies from iMovie 8.0.6 to my desktop, and could right click on it from there and select "burn to disc". I don't have that option now, it says it can't find software to open the file..... I am really confused by this and don't understand why an upgrade is worse.....

Mar 3, 2015 7:42 PM in response to ALTB428

>> I am really confused by this and don't understand why an upgrade is worse..... <<

Happens all the time. That's why I backup everything before an upgrade.

You will find iMovie HD 06 to be much more DVD friendly. I use it with iDVD and everything works automatically.

You can make DVDs using iMovie 10. You have to share to the media browser first, then open your project with iDVD. However, Apple removed the ability to create chapter markers with iMovie 10. This is why I normally use iMovie HD 06 or iMovie 11.

Finishing - I hate the new version of iMovie!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.