Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing malware win32:Malware-gen

I'm running 10.9.2 on an iMac (2009) and somehow managed to download malware that I can't figure out how to remove.

User uploaded file

This is a screeen shot of "properties" as shown by Avast. I put it in the "virus chest" but I'm still innudated with ads and pop up windows everywhere making work difficult and the **** ads aren't really what I want my 7 year old to see. I tried searching finder for the file to delete but it doesn't show up and I can't delete it with Avast either.

If anyone can help me figure out how to get rid of it I would be thankful.

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 5:10 PM

11 replies

Apr 8, 2014 6:18 PM in response to Barney-15E

Firefox and Chrome have ads everywhere but Safari doesn't and everytime I click on something (in firefox and chrome) pop-up ads come up despite having pop-ups blocked. For instance in facebook:

When I look at this same picture in Safari there's no ad. Also my computer seems to be running a bit slower. This started happening before I downloaded Avast.

Also my husband is seeing ads while using OWL which is paid online learning site for universities that hadn't previously had ads.

<Image Edited by Host>

removing malware win32:Malware-gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.