Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating a tempo map from a rubato orchestral recording

I recently premiered an orchestral piece. It is about 14 min. long with various tempo changes and rubato. The recording needs editing before I can send the score in for publication. So far I have been able to import the recording and manually import transients for beat mapping. When I line up the transients to the barline, the effect does not match up very well with the MIDI enhancements. (I did click "Protect MIDI" and it does keep things on the grid, but the synchronization is still quite poor, especially during fast, syncopated passages.)

I would like to enter a "conductor" track that allows me to perform notes as a conductor would: as the conductor shows a "four-pattern" I would like to enter quarter notes, tell Logic X they are quarter notes and automatically snap the audio recording with the midi enhancements onto the gird. If I require smaller subdivisions, I would like to have Logic snap them to the region. I have tried this with single midi note, transients, beat mapping but when I am finished, the recording is lined up to the beat-mapping grid, but the MIDI is not in sync.

There must be an easier way that works.

Help?

Thank you!

Senzavibrato

LOGIC PRO X, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 6:44 PM

There are no replies.

Creating a tempo map from a rubato orchestral recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.