Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My speaker doesnt work on my ipod5

My speaker will cut out on music and apps. I can't hear anything from it with out using headphones or a speaker. Please help.

iPod touch, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 7:05 PM

3 replies

Apr 8, 2014 7:32 PM in response to LimitedSalad

Most likely the switch inside the headphone jack is stuck open. First visually inspect the port, make sure it is free of foreign debris, like lint. If you see something, try to carefully remove it. If port appears clear, try quickly plugging and unplugging the headphone jack 10 to 12 times to free the switch. You may have to repeat this a couple of times. Good luck, Cheers.

Apr 9, 2014 2:09 AM in response to LimitedSalad

- Try cleaning out/blowing out the headphone jack. Try inserting/removing the plug a dozen times or so. There is a little switch in the headphone jack that disconnects the speaker when the headphone jack is inserted.

Try the following to rule out a software problem

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iPod touch: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store. Seems you have a bad headphone jack.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for this price. They do not fix yours.

Apple - iPod Repair price

A third-party place like the following will replace the jack for less. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Replace the jack yourself

iPod Touch Repair – iFixit

My speaker doesnt work on my ipod5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.