Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto and Mavericks - having problems printing and also creating slideshow.

HI

Probelms started a few weeks back when I couldn't create a slideshow in iPhoto. Then today I was trying to create a contact sheet print out of 350 photos and it just seems to hang. So I tried 4 photos and the same thing. I'm wondering if I'm having preferences problems or something else going on at the system level. Quits on ocassions too... Any ideas anyone? thanks djh

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 17" 4GB RAM 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 7:06 PM

12 replies

Apr 25, 2014 3:08 PM in response to ghtK3VHxiO9DalJklqHh

I'm having many problems with my late 2011 17", with iPhoto being one of them. I only use iPhoto for slideshows, but that is even unreliable now. What do you mean specifically by reinstalling mavericks?

Did you run a combo updater, did you boot from the restore disk, did you keep the original 10.9 installer file and run that? I used to like iPhoto, but it seems to get more limited and unstable with each release. The slideshows mode was my favourite feature, but now it just starts to randomly run every crappy pic I haven't deleted. The only reason I'm actually using 10.9 (apart from having calendar and contacts sync stolen from 10.6.8) is the airplay function, but that is flaky as well and just about cooks my machine.

Apr 28, 2014 11:39 PM in response to Yer_Man

Thank you for your prompt reply and apologies for my slackness and opposite time zone.

I tried making a new slideshow with my preferred iPhoto (7.xx) while on 10.9 and it actually seemed to work as advertised (i.e. not display every photo in the library) even though my late 2011 17" is still a dog in 10.6 and 10.9 (never mind 10.7 and 10.8). I guess I'll have redo any slideshow I want to keep.

I'm only using the latest iPhoto for backing up photo stream in a new library. I have no idea how to integrate the two iPhoto's with my preferred photo tool, Lightroom, but after years of putting it off, I thought I should start somewhere and stop missing out on the convenience of photo stream.

I just don't understand why my MacBook Pro feels as slow as my Cube and I'm considering going back to the late 2008 one I kept as a standby.

Apr 29, 2014 6:50 AM in response to macyourday

details for your problem and a specific question would be helpful - long rambling editorials are not

the only semblance of a question is see is

I have no idea how to integrate the two iPhoto's with my preferred photo tool, Lightroom,

the answer to that is you can not - LR and iPhoto can not "intergrate" - you have to select the photos in iPhoto and export them to a desktop folder then import them into LR

LN

Apr 29, 2014 9:00 AM in response to macyourday

I have no idea how to integrate the two iPhoto's with my preferred photo tool, Lightroom

That's because you can't with LR. Here are only two apps available to merge two iPhoto Libraries: Aperture and iPhoto Library Manager.

iPLM also is an iPhoto utility for repaired libraries, managing multiple libraries, and finding and removing duplicate photos from libraries.

OT

iPhoto and Mavericks - having problems printing and also creating slideshow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.