Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update OS X Server from support.apple.com

I was looking on the support.apple.com page and couldn't find anywhere to download an update for Server.app. I know you can update via the app store.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 7:13 PM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2014 3:51 AM in response to RedOrion

This is purchased software distributed from the App Store. That is the only place to get it. Apple does not post it on the downloads site as they do not distribute updates, just full version releases.

R-

Apple Consultants Network

Apple Professional Services

Author "Mavericks Server – Foundation Services" :: Exclusively available in Apple's iBooks Store

Apr 10, 2014 2:24 AM in response to RedOrion

Server.app is not part of the basic operating system and is instrad purchased via the App Store. Updates for the basic operating system i.e. OS X and its included applications come via Software Update Server (yours or Apple's) but updates for software purchased via the App Store come via the App Store. Apple do also put copies of Software Update Server updates on their websites but App Store updates are only available via the App Store.

In order to get an update for an App purchased via the App Store your Mac i.e. the server needs to be logged in to the App Store via the account used to purchase that App.

Update OS X Server from support.apple.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.