Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

automator website popup -- method to auto-dismiss?

Hi,

Does anyone know if theres and action or method to cause an Automator Website Popup action automatically dismiss itself after a period of time; i.e., such as a standard 'display dialog "foo" giving up after 15 -- seconds

IOW, I want a website poup to display an HTML page, but I don't want to have to click on OK or Cancel to dismiss it; the escape and return keys do not seem to respond to a popup as an app.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mac Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), 2008/3X ATi 2600 HD/6 displays

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 3:02 PM

Hi Frederico,

I don't think any Automator action can dismiss itself, and looking at the log, Website Popup continues to run until you click either the Cancel or OK button. And as you say, when run in an Automator app, Website Popup doesn't respond to the keyboard 😟.

The only solution I can think of is to have two Automator applications. One is called "Popup Runner" and it contains the Get Specified URLs and Website Popup actions.

The other could be called "Popup Controller". It contains a single Run Applescript action with the script:

tell application "Popup Runner"

activate

delay 15

quit

end tell

It's not very elegant, and there may be cleverer ways of doing this. But I hope it gives you food for thought.

H

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 3:02 PM in response to Frederico

Hi Frederico,

I don't think any Automator action can dismiss itself, and looking at the log, Website Popup continues to run until you click either the Cancel or OK button. And as you say, when run in an Automator app, Website Popup doesn't respond to the keyboard 😟.

The only solution I can think of is to have two Automator applications. One is called "Popup Runner" and it contains the Get Specified URLs and Website Popup actions.

The other could be called "Popup Controller". It contains a single Run Applescript action with the script:

tell application "Popup Runner"

activate

delay 15

quit

end tell

It's not very elegant, and there may be cleverer ways of doing this. But I hope it gives you food for thought.

H

automator website popup -- method to auto-dismiss?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.