Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

someone hacked my lap and he took a pictuer and he i am worry if he took my important document

please i need answer ASAP

MacBook Pro, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 9:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 4:37 AM

Given complete control has likely been lost, that means everything — passwords, sensitive documents, all of it — has potentially been copied, deleted, corrupted, or otherwise compromised, and backdoors have potentially been left resident. Even if that hasn't happened, it's prudent to assume it has.

Contact local legal advice and/or local law enforcement, and follow their instructions.

Once that's all been handled and whatever information or evidence your lawyer and local authorities might need or want preserved is dealt with — I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice — then the clean up will ensue.

Change all of your external passwords on all of your services — mail, web sites, everything. Make a backup or two of your disk contents to an external device (or two) — best here to create at least one disk-to-disk copy on an external device as this'll get migrated during the restoration, boot the recovery partition (if a newer Mac) or from the installation DVD (if an older Mac), wipe your disk from Disk Utility, reinstall OS X, migrate in your data from the external backup, reinstall your applications from fresh downloads or from distribution kits, and change all of your passwords on all of your services. If you use digital certificates, then re-generate those.

Set your new passwords per recent recommendations.

If your attacker is more advanced and has utilized more persistent threats, there may be or will be other steps required.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 4:37 AM in response to almutairiahmad

Given complete control has likely been lost, that means everything — passwords, sensitive documents, all of it — has potentially been copied, deleted, corrupted, or otherwise compromised, and backdoors have potentially been left resident. Even if that hasn't happened, it's prudent to assume it has.

Contact local legal advice and/or local law enforcement, and follow their instructions.

Once that's all been handled and whatever information or evidence your lawyer and local authorities might need or want preserved is dealt with — I am not a lawyer and this is not legal advice — then the clean up will ensue.

Change all of your external passwords on all of your services — mail, web sites, everything. Make a backup or two of your disk contents to an external device (or two) — best here to create at least one disk-to-disk copy on an external device as this'll get migrated during the restoration, boot the recovery partition (if a newer Mac) or from the installation DVD (if an older Mac), wipe your disk from Disk Utility, reinstall OS X, migrate in your data from the external backup, reinstall your applications from fresh downloads or from distribution kits, and change all of your passwords on all of your services. If you use digital certificates, then re-generate those.

Set your new passwords per recent recommendations.

If your attacker is more advanced and has utilized more persistent threats, there may be or will be other steps required.

someone hacked my lap and he took a pictuer and he i am worry if he took my important document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.