Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i delete all the "auto complete" addresses on my iPad mail

I want to give my old iPad 1 to a relative . I'd like to leave all the apps for her but not all the "auto complete" contacts which appear when I use the Mail function. These names are not on "contacts" and seem to have been accumulated from mails I have sent/received over the years. is there a way to just delete these without doing a complete delete of everything on the iPad?

iPad

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 2:25 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2014 4:25 AM in response to andyfromZA

Yes, but it is very tedious. You will have to begin typing an email address in the To: field in order to bring up those suggested email addresses. Then you tap the blue "I" next to the email address. In the next window that appears, swipe down to Remove from Recents and tap that to delete the address. You would have to do this for every single email address that you have ever received an email from, that is not in your contacts app.

But what I am curious about is why wouldn't you remove your email accounts from the iPad? That will eliminate the problem altogether. You don't want to give the iPad to your relative that way, do you?

how can i delete all the "auto complete" addresses on my iPad mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.