Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPhone 4S camera really slow and laggy?

Hello! I Hope everyone is having a good day! Recently I have noticed that my IPhone 4s camera has been really slow. I Have IOS 7.1 on my Iphone 4s. When I had IOS 6, my camera was never laggy. My camera used to be really quick. But now it's kinda slow. I really Love IOS 7, I mean the way you can edit the pictures and the layout and designs, everything is really cool. My camera is taking lots of time to capture an image and it takes time to move and focus too. Also when i record a video, it's perfectly fine! The graphics are really good BUT there is no sound in the video except for the 'ssssssssss' in the background..Can someone tell me how to solve the issue? Thanks.

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 8, 2014 11:21 PM

1 reply

Apr 11, 2014 2:34 PM in response to Legendary Kenway

Hi Legendary Kenway,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

If the camera on your iPhone seems unresponsive, these troubleshooting steps can help:

Camera isn't functioning or has undesired image quality

1. If the screen shows a closed lens or black image, force quit the Camera app.
  2. Ensure the camera lens is clean and free from any obstructions. Use a microfiber polishing cloth to clean the lens.
  3. Cases can interfere with the camera and the flash. Try gently cleaning the lens with a clean dry cloth or removing the case if you see image or color-quality issues with photos.
  4. Try turning iPhone off and then back on.
  5. Tap to focus the camera on the subject. The image may pulse or briefly go in and out of focus as it adjusts.
  6. Try to remain steady while focusing:
    • Still images: Remain steady while taking the picture. If you move too far in any direction, the camera automatically refocuses to the center.
      Note: If you take a picture with iPhone turned sideways, it is automatically saved in landscape orientation.
    • Video: Adjust focus before you begin recording. You can also tap to readjust focus while recording. Exiting the Camera application while recording will stop recording and will save the video to the Camera Roll.
      Note: Video-recording features are not available on original iPhone or iPhone 3G.
  7. If your iPhone has a front and rear camera, try switching between them to verify if the issue persists on both.

If the issue persists, back up the data on your iPhone and restore iOS 7 next:

iOS: How to back up and restore your content

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1766

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

All the best,

Jeremy

IPhone 4S camera really slow and laggy?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.