Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Somehow I am unable to play my songs in itunes. When i go to play a song I get a message informing me that the file can not be located. How do I fix this. I have had no problems in the past.

Can someone tell me how to fix a problem I have with itunes. I keep getting a message when I try and play a song on itunes that tells me I cant play the song because it cant find the file. I have never had this problem before. How do I fix it, Please.

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 12:44 AM

1 reply

Apr 9, 2014 1:51 AM in response to Pjamer20

1. Have you moved, renamed or deleted the original files?
  2. Has another programme on your computer moved, renamed or deleted the files?
  3. Have you just created this iTunes Library?
  4. Have you recently added the missing music music from an external hard drive?
  5. If it's none of the above, what have you been doing recently? For example, have you been "sorting" your files in your file manager?

Somehow I am unable to play my songs in itunes. When i go to play a song I get a message informing me that the file can not be located. How do I fix this. I have had no problems in the past.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.