Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix the Clock App's timer?

Hey guys,

So I have been having a recurring and permanent problem ever since I moved to iOS 7.

I have an iPhone 5 and with iOS 6 the timer function with-in Clock was working perfectly, up until the release of iOS 7. Then the timer stopped functioning as designed...by which I mean, I could set a time for 20 seconds, 20 minutes or 2 hours. It would make no difference. The timer would start correctly, and count-down correctly, but when it came to ringing off the alarm signalling the timer had finished, that however would not occur. No sound, no nothing. It would not matter if I set the timer with Siri or manually; no difference.

I am only posting this problem (which arose in October of last year) now because I was hoping that subsequent updates to iOS 7 would eventually fix the issue, and of course they have not (at least for me). I have not yet tried wiping and restoring the phone to find out if that helps. It was partly to find out if anyone else has had this issue.

Lib.

iPhone 5, iOS 7.1

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 1:26 AM

No I do not have any issue with the timer. Just tested 2 minutes using Siri and it works.

Do you have "When Timer Ends" > Radar or any other sound you have set?

Is your mute switch at the left side of iPhone ON?

Have you done a reset after deleting the Clock app from multitask-list?

Reset: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Note: You will not lose any data

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 9, 2014 1:26 AM in response to The Liberator

No I do not have any issue with the timer. Just tested 2 minutes using Siri and it works.

Do you have "When Timer Ends" > Radar or any other sound you have set?

Is your mute switch at the left side of iPhone ON?

Have you done a reset after deleting the Clock app from multitask-list?

Reset: Hold down the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears. Note: You will not lose any data

How to fix the Clock App's timer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.