Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail (4.6) OSX 10.6.8 problems with Office365 Exchange

Hi all,

Recently our business mail server was switched from Outlook to Office365.

My former Mac Mail.app (v4.6) was using an Exchange account dbxprd0210.outlook.com without any problems. Last week we had to switch, so I've re-added my account again to Mac Mail (to keep my old inactive account renamed for history purposes), just entered my e-mail address and password, and the rest was done automatically, this time using Exchange account outlook.office365.com which seemed to be working just fine.

Until....... until I restarted my Mac. All of a sudden, the inbox was empty! Also the Deleted Items were gone, as were the Sent Items. Checking my mailbox through webmail shows all my mails, so they are not completely deleted thankfully. I've sent a test e-mail from another account and it appeared in the webmail, but not local. I tried re-adding my 'new' account again, and now the new e-mail appeared on my Mac. But, it was the only e-mail there, no history was showing.... And after stopping Mail and restarting, again all is gone...

I tried several things to find out what causes this problem and get this baby on the road again:

• Show account info - it's connecting, but shows 0kb and no mails (only a few Sent Items, from testing)
  • Rebuild account - nothing really happens, no new mails, same problems
  • Connection Assistant status - shows connected with server just fine and logged on
  • Synchronize mailbox - nothing happens
  • Setting mailbox online > offline > online - nothing happens
  • Restarting Macbook - no success either
  • Checking MacHD>Library>Mail>EWS Exchange Account - can't see anything wrong here, mails are saved as *.emlx files

what IS strange, after restarting Mail.app no mails show in Mail, but the former emlx files are still there!

• Added my Exchange account as IMAP - this seems to be working partially

but it's not saved locally, so I have to be online, and I'm missing all my iCal items - not a real fancy work-around 😟

• Deleting and re-adding my Exchange account works, only for new mails without history, and only until Mail.app gets restarted

Does anyone recognize this issue, and knows how to fix this??

I've been struggling for days now... 😕

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 3:36 AM

3 replies

Apr 9, 2014 10:09 AM in response to Eric Root

I will try and do that also.

But, my guess is still it's a problem on the Mac side. Especially since a 'fresh' added account seems to work fairly fine (missing history, but okay). Also, the emlx (mail messages) seem to be there (MacHD>Library>Mail>EWS Exchange Account), but don't show in the inbox. And, forgot to mention, the iCal account seems to be working good, also after restart.

I tried another thing, starting up the Exchange mailbox and having Console open as well. This is what shows there:

09-04-14(wk15) 19:03:23Mail[1729]*** Assertion failure in -[EWSAccount mailboxNameForFolderIdString:], /SourceCache/Message/Message-1085/Accounts.subproj/EWSAccount.m:1532

An EWS folder ID string didn't have a corresponding mailbox name

(

0 Message 0x00007fff885327b0 -[MFAssertionHandler _handleFailureWithPreamble:description:arguments:] + 137
1 Message 0x00007fff88532715 -[MFAssertionHandler handleFailureInMethod:object:file:lineNumber:description:] + 220
2 Message 0x00007fff8846d089 -[EWSAccount mailboxNameForFolderIdString:] + 158
3 Message 0x00007fff88498f56 -[EWSSyncFolderItemsRequestOperation activityString] + 32
4 Message 0x00007fff88540b35 -[MonitoredOperation main] + 149
5 Foundation 0x00007fff81d69dd0 -[__NSOperationInternal start] + 681
6 Foundation 0x00007fff81e47bd5 ____NSOQSchedule_block_invoke_2 + 129
7 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff804bad64 _dispatch_call_block_and_release + 15
8 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff804992d1 _dispatch_worker_thread2 + 239
9 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff80498c08 _pthread_wqthread + 353
10 libSystem.B.dylib 0x00007fff80498aa5 start_wqthread + 13

)

I'll have to look into this one tomorrow. Something's not correct here 😉

Mail (4.6) OSX 10.6.8 problems with Office365 Exchange

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.