Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The trackpad of my 13" macbook pro (mid 2012) has geen going nuts for about a week now. It randomly clicks and drags the cursor to all places on screen, it randomly clicks, selects and swipes. Have tried spm reset and pressure on whole trackpad. Help?!

It goes nuts for hours and the next day it acts completely fine. My macbook is impossible to work with when the problem is active; it randomly clicks, drags, selects and even selects words (in a yellow colour) to come up with latin(?!) translations.

Ive tried the reset (option+cmd+r+p) and it seemed to work at first but now it doesnt seem to have any effect whatsoever.

Also tried to apply pressure to the entire surface of the trackpad or just the top corners; no effect whatsoever.

It's been quite an expensive purchase for a young student like me and i've really enioyed it until last week.

I'd be relieved if someone came up with a solution; especially since its warranty has expired for half a year now.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2), Ssd drive

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 1:54 AM

1 reply

The trackpad of my 13" macbook pro (mid 2012) has geen going nuts for about a week now. It randomly clicks and drags the cursor to all places on screen, it randomly clicks, selects and swipes. Have tried spm reset and pressure on whole trackpad. Help?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.