Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2014 - Playing music on non Aux in-line port car radio advancements?

I have a 2004 Subaru with an OEM kick-*** Marantz stereo but no iDevice Aux in-line port or Bluetooth.

Years ago I tried every FM interface out there, but the sound quality and ton of radio stations in the greater NY area make it hard to find an empty FM space that lasts. So FM devices don't work well here.

I took the car to a custom shop but they hadn't seen a Marantz in any car and didn't want to touch it. Plus, adding an in-line port if possible will be a small fortune they said. I gave up.

It being 2014 and 5 yrs later, does anyone know of any advances in tethering your iDevice to your non-aux port car radio that rocks?

iPhone 5, iOS 7

Posted on Apr 9, 2014 3:42 AM

2 replies

Apr 9, 2014 8:19 AM in response to Steven Shmerler

No advances that have taken place in the last 5 years can magically alter the head unit you have.

I haven't looked for them in a while, but it used to be possible to purchase FM transmitters that actually link in to the antenna input at the head unit, minimizing the interference from local broadcast stations. If you have a cassette deck in the unit (possible on one that old), you can buy a cassette adapter. Short of that, your options are going be be limited. Even FM transmitters are getting harder to find now that even low end cars are coming with features like Bluetooth A2DP streaming straight from the factory.

2014 - Playing music on non Aux in-line port car radio advancements?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.